Being a college student is not as easy as you first thought. The truth of the matter is that college is much more difficult than high school. The classes are more complex and the requirements can be draconic. There are some professors who demand quite a lot from their students. And this is probably how you ended up searching for information about the Rogerian essay. One of your professors probably assigned you this strange-sounding essay.
The good news is that the Rogerian essay is not an overly complex piece of academic writing. You just need to know what it is, what it is used for, and how to write it. Of course, choosing the right topic and looking at a few examples are also things you must do. Fortunately, you will find everything you need to know in this blog post.
So, What Is a Rogerian Essay?
What is a Rogerian essay? This is probably the first question on your mind right now. The reality is that you can read as many Rogerian essay examples as you like. They won’t help you understand what makes the Rogerian essay so special. This type of academic paper is different from an argumentative essay, even though it may look like one at first glance.
You probably know how to write an argumentative or a persuasive essay. You need to present your arguments and support them fiercely. After all, you were taught that you need to convince the audience to adopt your point of view. A free Rogerian argument essay, on the other hand, does not aim to persuade the audience through the force of the arguments. It has a more subtle approach, yet it is equally as effective.
A Rogerian style essay aims to find middle ground when there is a great chance that the audience will not agree with you no matter how well you support your arguments. Finding common grounds with your audience on the matter and then presenting your side of the argument (without dismissing the other side of the argument, of course) can be a very persuasive tactic. This is exactly what a Rogerian argument essay is.
How to Write a Rogerian Argument Essay Quick and Simple
You can pick any of the topics above and write an essay about it. The first time you write such a paper can be a bit difficult, so here are the basic steps, if you want to learn how to write a Rogerian argument essay fast:
- Read at least one good Rogerian argument essay sample and then select a good topic for your next academic paper.
- Before you start writing, think about both sides of the argument. Try to learn more about your audience. Think about the perfect way to find common ground.
- Write a short introduction where you describe the problem.
- The next thing you need to do is to acknowledge the opposing argument in one or two paragraphs. Yes, in the Rogerian essay format you need to start by presenting the opposing argument.
- Use the next one or two paragraphs to state your own position on the issue. Support your statements and make it clear why you chose this position. Your writing must be fair, even and clear.
- In the next paragraph, explain to the audience why the opposing position should consider at least some of the arguments that support your position. Under no circumstances should you dismiss the opposing position. You need to bring the two sides together and find middle ground.
- Write the conclusion. Here, you will briefly remind the audience of the two sides of the argument and of the main points of your position. End with a strong call to action. Your audience should be asked to consider something.
And this is the quick answer to the “how to write a Rogerian essay” question that was causing you headaches. Writing such an essay is not difficult if you know how to go about it. Keep in mind that a Rogerian argument essay outline can help you tremendously – it will help you stay organized and focused.
Best Rogerian Argument Essay Topics
You’ve now – presumably – read at least one Rogerian essay sample. You have an idea about how the final paper should be like. Now, it’s time to talk about Rogerian essay topics. Truth be told, the Rogerian argument essay topics you pick for your papers have a great influence over the grades you get. Professors tend to award bonus points to intriguing topics. That’s not to say that the way you write the paper doesn’t have any consequence. It only means that you should strive to find the best topics possible. A good topic equals and interesting essay; and an interesting essays almost always equals an A+ or an A. To help you get the highest grade, our English essay writers compiled a list of excellent topics for Rogerian essay writers:
- Evolution versus God. (be careful, it’s a very sensitive topic)
- Should we lower the drinking age in the United States?
- Euthanasia should be made legal in the US. (one of the best topics for a Rogerian essay)
- We need more surveillance in the United States.
- Stop advertising products to children!
- Animal testing has clear benefits.
- Citizens should not be permitted to own a firearm.
- The advantages of the Two-Child policy.
- The legalization of cannabis should be stopped. (one of the good Rogerian essay topics, but a very sensitive topic)
- It’s wrong to forbid people of the same sex to get married.
- Every citizen must be allowed to own a gun.
- The death penalty should be made mandatory for murder and rape.
- The death penalty should be eliminated from the United States judicial system.
- Students should not be forced to attend Religion classes.
- Should we ban smoking in public areas?
- Are we too dependent on our computers and smartphones?
- Violent games cause behavior problems and should be better regulated.
Rogerian Essay Topics To Try
At times, when writing, you shouldn’t have a biased mind. Instead, you should have a clear mind to speak independently on certain matters. Here are some Rogerian essay topics that you can start with.
- Do you think smoking should be allowed in public places?
- Should research on animals be encouraged?
- Is the taxation system fair or unfair?
- The importance of cameras in different town centers. Do they invade privacy?
- The essence of the two-child policy.
- The technology dependence.
- Is euthanasia fair to be done on patients?
- The threats pertaining handgun ownership.
- The relation between unemployment and crime.
- The major factors that lead to war.
- Do you think single-sex schools are better than mixed schools?
- Is marketing to children a good norm?
- Discrimination in the hierarchy of jobs.
- Decision-making in teenagers.
- The importance of information censorship on the web.
- The legalization of the production and sale of tobacco.
- The negative impacts of a death sentence.
- The control of alcohol consumption.
- The importance of the use of contraceptives to reduce teenage pregnancy.
- The positive and negative impacts of e-learning.
- Which is the age limit of a person allowed to hold a gun.
Interesting Rogerian Argument Topics
These are some of the most interesting Rogerian argument topics that you can use for your essay. You just need to reason out about the two bases and see which one makes more sense.
- Do you think the government should play a huge role in changing the current public school policies?
- The best methods that can be used to reduce crime in modern society.
- The regions with the highest level of corruption.
- Are leaders born or made?
- The advantages and disadvantages of the British monarchy.
- Should the government input certain censorship on social media?
- The political organization involved in illegal activities in different parts of the world.
- Government policies on the disabled in the United States of America.
- Education facilities should be free for every child.
- Reasons for obeseness in students in the United States.
- The importance of an MBA program.
- The importance of physical education in middle school.
- The importance of doing exercises daily.
- School internet limitation for the students.
- Should young people be given the chance to choose if they wish to join the military service or not?
- Should same-sex marriages be allowed or disapproved?
- The effectiveness of the death penalty.
- The fairness of the election process in different regions of the world.
- Is torture humane?
- The effectiveness of paternity leave from work.
- The benefits of school uniform.
Rogerian Argument Essay Topics
Are you looking for a Rogerian argument topic? They are all based on what we encounter daily. You just need to think deeper and find out the impact certain phenomena have on society.
- Do you think curfews keep teens out of trouble?
- The negative and positive impacts of computer dependence.
- The negative effects of using animals for research.
- Are cell phones dangerous to use?
- Should the government have a say in the diet we take?
- The major changes in children over time. – Are they better mannered?
- Are actors paid too much?
- The importance of paying CEOs enough money.
- The impact of video games on children.
- The best way to embrace talents in school.
- The impact of beauty pageants.
- The official language in the United States.
- Should the racing industry use biofuels?
- Do you think the alcohol drinking age should be reduced or increased?
- The negative impacts of boredom on teenagers.
- Should school holidays be increased?
- The relation between boredom, crime, and trouble.
- How should the government provide health care?
- Legalization of abortion.
- Do you think girls tend to be mean to each other?
- The advantages and disadvantages of homework.
Good Rogerian Argument Topics
Are you looking for good Rogerian essay topics? They are ideal, simple, and straightforward. You just need to do proper research to ensure that you base your opinion the right way.
- Is the cost of college too high?
- Competition in college admissions – why is it the case?
- Should rich people be required to pay more taxes?
- The fairness of affirmative action.
- Are schools and teachers responsible for low test scores?
- The best policies that can be put in place for gun control.
- Does corruption prevail in every institution?
- The pay rate of athletes versus actors.
- Do government policies help to maintain discipline in society?
- The negative effects of corruption in companies’ progress.
- Equality between men and women.
- The best cartoons that are equal to Tom and Jerry.
- Should pets be allowed in school?
- Do boys seem to have too much power than girls?
- Are test scores important to impress the teachers?
- Do you think school hours should be reduced?
- The importance of having top scores while in school.
- The essence of public and private schools wearing uniforms.
- The lunch break should last up to one hour.
- The existence of vampires and mythical creatures.
- The importance of giving homework.
- Does everyone have the right to internet access?
- The negative impacts of playing too many video games.
Best Topics For A Rogerian Essay
What topic do you want to use for your essay? Here are some of the best topics for a Rogerian essay. These kinds of topics require you to always be open-minded.
- Should students be given the right to choose what they learn?
- Major problems faced by men and women.
- Does nature play a role in personality building?
- The importance of art education.
- The importance of gaining education till the college level.
- The bad habits of smoking.
- Is being fashionable a talent or lifestyle?
- Do classmates play a role in individual students’ performance?
- The importance of being fashionable in galas and award ceremonies.
- The importance of gym classes.
- Harsh punishments should be imposed on bullies.
- The importance of teacher evaluation.
- The best way to overcome fears.
- Can cheerleading be termed as a sport?
- The importance of taking vacations.
- The importance of internet censorship.
- Should college education be mandatory for everyone?
- Does television stereotype minorities?
- The negative effects of gender-based violence.
- How do emotions provide emotional support?
- Do you think the naming rights are rational?
- How are skinny models portrayed in society?
There is a certain phenomenon that has both positive and negative impacts on society. However, certain authorities, governments, and policymakers have a different opinion from what we think.
- The negative effects of smoking.
- How have wars resulted from religious conflicts?
- The importance of gym classes.
- How nature plays a role in personality building.
- Should students be taught how to cultivate their food?
- The control of alcohol use in teenagers.
- The importance of going to school.
- The importance of teaching foreign languages at school.
- The importance of education apps.
- The importance of religious teachings.
- The role of social media in promoting cyberbullying.
- The right age to join social media.
- The impact of business promotions on social media.
- The use of social media to promote a cause.
- The freedom of speech in social media.
- The importance of social media.
- The purpose of energy drinks.
- The approaches are being taken to reduce obesity in the United States.
- The negative effects of too much fast food.
- Do microwaves cause cancer?
- Do you think employers give enough sick leaves from work?
- Are vaccinations a major cause of diseases in children?
Rogerian Argument Ideas
Do you love debates? These topics can help you to think broadly and argue about certain points. However, you need to have a stand on what you believe.
- Is mercy killing defendable?
- Should rape victims be allowed to abort?
- The major causes of global warming.
- Does violence in movies and films corrupt our minds?
- The different types of genders.
- Should sports be mandatory in schools?
- Can swimming be termed a dangerous sport?
- The benefits of sports to autistic children.
- Should animals have rights?
- Which is better between cats and dogs?
- Is it right to use animals for scientific needs?
- The uniqueness of gothic art.
- Art as a profession.
- The impact of music in malls.
Where to Get Good Rogerian Essay Examples From?
You now understand what this essay is all about. Yet, you have no idea how you can write one or how such an academic papers might look like. This is where a good Rogerian argument essay example comes into play. All you have to do is critically analyze some excellent Rogerian argument essay examples and you will almost be able to write one yourself. Here are the main benefits of doing so:
- Analyzing a sample Rogerian argument essay enables you to discover the structure of such an academic paper.
- You can see with your own eyes how an experienced writer finds middle ground with his or her audience.
- A well-written Rogerian essay example teaches you how to avoid bias and how to present both sides of a sensitive argument.
- And finally, a sample Rogerian essay that is 100% original can become the basis for your own paper. You can use parts of it at your discretion.
The best way to get a 100% original example of a Rogerian style essay is to contact a writing company. We have fantastic college essay papers for sale that you can use without fear, because they will be completely unique. And remember – even if you find it hard to cope with rogerian essay assignment on your own, our online essay writers are ready to give you a helping hand.