Human rights topics are among the vital titles to write about in high school or college. The United Nations describes human rights as inherent to every human, regardless of their residence, nationality, nationality/ethnicity, sex, religion, color, or other human designated divisions.
Human rights are an acceptable principle without discrimination and should be a norm. This article presents a list of basic human rights topics that learners can consider when writing academic papers. It’s helpful because many students struggle to find issues to write about in this field.
Human Rights Definition
Human rights definition describes it as the fundamental rights and freedoms everyone should enjoy globally, from birth until death. And these rights should apply to everyone regardless of location, personal beliefs, or lifestyle. Nobody should take these rights and freedoms away. However, some cases restrict human rights, such as when a person breaks the law.
These fundamental rights bases are values like fairness, dignity, respect, independence, and equality. Also, the law protects them. Since they have wide applications in areas like employment and the justice system, learners can expect educators to require them to write essays about these topics.
Outline Of An Essay About Human Rights
Writing a human rights essay starts by selecting a topic according to the professor’s or class teacher’s recommendations. Once you’ve picked a topic, research it well to ensure you have good information sources. After that, develop a thesis statement and then structure your paper as follows:
- Introduction: The introduction should present a thesis statement while providing background information on the subject.
- Body: Your essay’s body part should have several paragraphs, each presenting the main point. Here are examples of body paragraphs.
- Body paragraph 1: Present and support an important idea with evidence or examples.
- Body paragraph 2: Introduce another idea and support it with evidence.
- Body paragraph 3: Present a new idea and back it.
- Conclusion: Summarize your findings and show the readers that your study has supported your thesis statement. Also, end your paper with a call to action.
Interesting Human Rights Essay Topics
Do you want to write an essay about exciting topics in this field? If so, this category has some of the best titles for your paper.
- What voting rights did the people enjoy in Ancient Greece?
- Legal framework and human rights in developing countries
- Women struggle for equal human rights
- Immigrants and human rights in the USA- Immigration issue is as old as this country
- Water and human right- History and controversy
- Human rights evolution in Canada
- The role of human rights in making the public opinion
- Human rights intervention in making the public opinion
- Gender studies- Human rights and queer politics
- Bahrain and issues about human rights
- Human rights and conflicts surrounding them
- Catholic theology and human rights
- The human rights system for the United Nations
- Investigating the human rights concept
- Human rights violations and torture
- Non-state actors’ role in monitoring and implementing human rights
- Social transformation and human rights
- Current issues about human rights
- The human rights system in Europe
- How terrorism affects human rights
- Intellectual disabilities and human rights
- Exploring human rights violations in the modern world
- Women’s objectives and human rights in the international community
- How the war on terror affects human rights
- Investigating human rights and media in Turkey
- International law, human rights, and politics- What’s the correlation?
- Human rights violations in the Korean republic
- Issues surrounding human rights in Guantanamo Bay
- Non-governmental organizations and human rights- What’s the connection?
- Human rights and ethical relativism
Pick any title for your essay if you’re seeking something exciting to research and write about at any educational level.
Best Human Rights Topics For Research
Maybe you’re looking for a title you can research extensively, acquire knowledge, and report your findings in the paper. In that case, consider these ideas.
- Investigating human rights in the modern world
- Human rights, gender rights, and labor rights in a global world
- Exploring human rights in the United Arab Emirates
- Understanding the gay human rights
- Human rights and ethical issues surrounding circumcision
- Human rights and discrimination in the contemporary world
- Exploring cultural values and global human rights
- Human rights protection in the UK
- Canadian studies- Human rights and sexuality
- Ethnic groups and human rights in American history
- Human rights protection and heart failure study
- The human right to life violation- Death penalty
- Human rights and values in Islamic states
- Human rights and Canada’s commitment
- The human rights’ role in international relations
- Culture protection and human rights
- The human rights nature
- Human rights universal conception and its challenges
- Human rights and childhood obesity study- What are the surrounding ethical issues?
- Human rights in philosophy and sociology
- Communism’s rise and the Soviet Union’s collapse in Russia
- Comparing Latin American cultural nationalism and the Pan-African movement of the 20th century
- Death penalty abolition- Why it’s a human rights issue
- Methods and goals of the Hong Kong Umbrella Movement- A critical review
- Social media popularity and its effects on human rights
- International Calvinism- How it affects the European culture
- Why do other nations not intervene in human rights abuses in North Korea
- How utilitarianism contravenes most human rights
- Institutions’ efforts in protecting human rights in developing countries
- Military actions and human rights protection- Is it sensible?
Choose any of these ideas if you are interested in researching a topic that will inform and educate you.
Human Rights Topics For Essays
Maybe the teacher or professor asked you to write an essay about a topic in the human rights field. If so, consider these ideas for a title.
- Police racial profiling
- Exploring human rights trafficking during the 21st century
- The LGBT movement and its visibility
- Exploring racism and its roots
- Chinese and Japanese interactions during the Second World War
- Colonial America and Chattel Slavery
- Examining the Bill of Rights history
- Human rights declaration and crises
- Terrorism victims versus the human rights advocates
- West Bank regions and human rights in Israel-Gaza
- Political ideologies and universal human rights
- Human rights, economic development, and globalization
- Human rights and same-sex marriages
- Human rights and Donald Trump’s Poverty policies
- Investigating the use of remote sensing in monitoring human rights violations
- Exploring social work, feminist perspectives, and human rights
- Is circumcision a human right issue?
- The human rights cause and world politics in the modern world
- Human rights- Conceptual and historical evolution
- Human rights, universal jurisdiction, and cultural relativism
- Human rights and business practices
- The war on terror and conservation of human rights
- The versatile nature of human rights
- How human trafficking violates human rights
- Human rights and Confucianism development
- Human rights’ future in 2022
- Human rights campaigns in the contemporary world
- Is free education a human right in developing countries?
- Human rights abuse among the Mexican immigrants
- Exploring human rights and the Catholic Church
These are exciting research topics for essays about human rights. Nevertheless, prepare to investigate your title before writing your paper to impress the educator.
Controversial Human Rights Topics
Perhaps, you prefer working on a controversial idea. In that case, this category has ideas you might want to explore in your paper.
- Who is accountable for human rights abuses?
- Investigating the US retreat from the Human Rights Council
- Human rights and their controversial nature
- Understanding the Ugandan anti-gay bill
- Should governments deny convicted criminals their human rights?
- Discuss gender quality issues in North America
- Asian countries and human trafficking
- Differences and similarities between civil and human rights
- Should prisoners enjoy the right to vote?
- Is assisted euthanasia a human rights violation?- Discuss
- Should the court of law charge people that try to take their lives?
- How can the world punish states that violate human rights?
- Are countries with nuclear weapons ready to violate human rights?
- Is the United Nations doing enough to prevent human rights violations?
- Does abortion violate human rights?
- Murder criminals’ death penalty and life imprisonment- Make a case
- Is imprisoning murder criminals a sufficient punishment?
- Do correctional facilities do enough to correct inmates’ behavior?
- Do parents violate human rights by disciplining their kids?
- Can the world heal from the Holocaust?
These topics can elicit mixed reactions among the readers. Even the educator will be interested in reading a paper on these topics.
Compare And Contrast Human Rights Research Topics
Perhaps, you love writing compare and contrast papers. If so, consider these ideas.
- The Human Rights Act (1998)- How it compares to the Equality Act (2010)
- Pet rights and human rights
- Civil rights movements’ liberties
- Slavery and serfdom
- Comparing civil rights violations in Brave New World by George Orwell
- Universal human rights declaration and human rights in the Islamic states
- Comparing the human rights model and freedom model
- Human rights declaration of man and the universal human rights declaration and citizen (1789)
- Human rights in the 20th century
- Compare and contrast pets rights and human rights
These are excellent topics to consider if you want to write a compare and contrast essay. Nevertheless, take your time to invest both sides to present a concrete argument.
Human Rights Discussion Topics
Maybe the educator wants you to develop an exciting discussion topic and write about it. In that case, these ideas could be a good starting point.
- Death penalty and the right to life
- Discuss attacks on the right to human freedom of expression
- Discuss the Human Rights Act
- Discuss women’s rights in the Middle East
- Body shaming is a violation of human rights
- Discuss human rights violations in North Korea
- Non-discrimination- Is it a human right?
- The rights of disabled people- How often do people violate them?
- Is child labor a violation of human rights in China?
- Heinous crimes and the death penalty
These can be excellent discussion topics for learners at different educational levels. Nevertheless, each requires some research to develop a concrete argument.
Exciting Civil Rights Topics
Perhaps, you’re interested in civil rights and want to write a paper in this field. In that case, here’s a list of excellent ideas to consider for your essay.
- Hidden figures- Human rights development issues
- Does the ombudsman have a role in human rights protection?
- Why can countries stop human trafficking?
- Utilitarianism and human rights
- Exploring human rights violations in North Korea
- Is there a verse in the Bible that violates human rights?
- How can humans fight racism?
- How does obesity affect a person’s professional capacity?
- How to deal with bullies at school
- Workplace and racial discrimination- How it affects employees’ productivity
- Is watching pornography a human right?
- How every person can impact human rights
- Why do some countries ban LGBT marriages and relationships
- Civil rights and African nations
- Analyzing environmental racism
Any learner interested in civil rights can explore these ideas. Nevertheless, extensive research is necessary to develop the ideas into winning papers.
International Human Rights Topics
Many people agree that human rights are universal. Here is a list of international topics in this field.
- Exploring the internet and human rights
- Is the digital COVID certificate a violation of human rights?
- Child labor in countries like Pakistan
- How wars affect human rights
- Investigating child labor and human rights violation in India
- How Covid-19 affects human rights
- The peaceful assembly as a human right during the global pandemic
- Groups protection against human rights violations in 2022
Consider these original ideas if you want to write a human rights paper or essay. Nevertheless, investigate your topic to develop an exciting piece.
Ph.D. Topics In Human Rights
Maybe you’re pursuing Ph.D. studies and want to write about a human rights topic. If so, here are exciting ideas to explore.
- A thematic review of the internet’s role in the promotion of human trafficking
- Factors affecting the outcome of a court of law trials- A comprehensive review
- Reviewing places with the worst human rights violation cases
- Death penalty- Are there legitimate forms of it?
- What prevents people from achieving justice- An extensive literature review
- Drug legalization and its impact- A comprehensive review
- Comparing human rights policies in three European countries
- Police racial profiling- Mexico case study
- LGBT couples and the problems they face- Suggest possible solutions
- Factors preventing equal women representation in top leadership in the developing nations
- Why do some countries disallow LGBT relationships
- Human rights versus pet rights- A comprehensive comparison
- How the Covid-19 pandemic led to human rights violations
Consider these ideas if you’re pursuing Ph.D. studies. Nevertheless, ensure you have adequate resources to research the topic and develop an impressive paper.
Extra Human Rights Topics List
Perhaps, you’ve not found an exciting topic to explore in the above categories. In that case, browse through these additional topics, and you might find a title worth exploring, so later on you won’t have to be all “how can I fix my paper?”.
- Should governments legalize pornography?
- Impact of racial discrimination on staff productivity
- Ways to fight racism
- Ways to amend laws to legalize gay marriages
- One child policy in China- What are the moral flaws?
- Immigrants and employment issues among the native population
- Mental health treatment as a human right
- Police brutality- What causes it in the United States?
- The Old Testament and human rights
- Saddam Hussein’s rule- Did it violate human rights?
- Human rights violation- A closer look into three cases in China
- War on terror and human rights violation
- Iran and human rights violations
- How human rights differ from the freedom model
- Human rights infringement and countries’ regulations
- Does the New Testament have problems with human rights?
- Impact of obesity on the workplace environment
- Ancient Greece and voting rights
- Death row inmates and the right to life
- Stoics doctrines and human rights’ inception
- Investigating the English Bill of Rights
- Analyzing the Magna Carta (1215)
- Ancient Rome and human rights
- Maya civilization and human rights
- Ancient Egypt and human rights
- Discuss the first appearance of the human rights concept
- French Declaration on the Citizen and Rights of Man
- Investigating human rights during the Medieval times
- Human rights abuses during Crimea’s annexation
- Discuss the Cold War period and human rights
This article has listed great ideas worth exploring when writing about human rights. However, you need time, resources, and energy to write a good paper on any of these ideas.
Get Custom Essay Help From Professionals
Maybe you have a topic but no time for writing your paper. In that case, contact us saying, “Please do my essay.” We will pick one of our skilled writers to work on your project since we have experts in different fields, including human rights. Our experts can write an essay on current or new topics. They can also handle every aspect of your assignment, including creating an outline, writing, and editing your paper.
We offer affordable and trustworthy online writing assistance to learners across all academic levels, including university. Trust us to provide you with the best place to buy original essays and quick writing help to make sure you score the best grade in your class. Contact us now!