Selecting good psychology research topics to write about is challenging for some learners. Psychology is a science branch that entails studying behavior and the mind. It’s a vast and interesting branch of medicine that embraces different human experiences, from child development to brain functions and actions of various countries.
Since the human mind and behavior are varied, psychology has many subfields, including social, child, cognitive, and forensic. And these subfields are constantly evolving and growing. Each subfield represents a specific study area where students can find exciting psychology topics.
What’s more, some psychology subfields are well-established interest areas, with some universities and colleges offering degree programs and courses in these subjects. Often, psychologists major in these subfields as their careers.
The basis of most psychology papers is what writers think about a particular topic or subject. However, you can check past research and articles to write a winning essay. But you must include credible sources and support your claims with genuine and substantial proof.
Choosing a good topic for your psychology paper is a process with the following steps:
- Brainstorming: This entails thinking about what you would like to explore in your project. If the educator did not specify a topic, consider any of the ideas in this article.
- Research: Once you’ve selected the idea you wish to explore in your project, engage in a preliminary investigation. For instance, find out whether you can get good information sources to write about your preferred topic.
- Narrowing down the focus: Once you have identified information sources, streamline your topic to enable you to write an exemplary paper. That way, you’ll compose a high-quality essay that the audience will find interesting.
Additionally, a good psychology paper should educate the readers about the latest developments in this field. It should also have new theories, ideas, arguments, and experiments. Here is a comprehensive list of psychology topics in different subfields that you can consider for your research paper.
Research Topics in Psychology for College Students
Perhaps, you’re pursuing psychology studies in college and want to write a research paper. In that case, consider these psychology research ideas for college students.
- Describe the differences and similarities among midlife crises of males and females
- What causes dementia, and how do doctors treat it?
- Is fetish behavior a sign of a disturbed mind?
- Is adding clients to your social media account ethical for a psychologist?
- Is homosexuality a mental disorder?
- Did the Milgram experiment neglect ethics?
- Are females always domestic violence victims?
- Is crime a justification for people with post-traumatic stress?
- Ethics around the Standford prison experiment
- The adult content in anime and cartoons
- Describe the social triggers for panic attacks
- Multiple personality disorders- How can doctors treat them?
- What causes sleep paralysis?- Describe its effects
- Describe autistic brain when viewed under MRI
- Why is strong self-perception important?
- REM phase and sleep disruption
- Tajfel and Turner’s social identity theory
- Explain how yoga affects human psychology
- Can PTSD cause Alzheimer’s disease?
- Explain how amnesia affects brain activity
- Explain the differences in brain functioning between men and women
- What is the psychological impact of hate crimes?
- Major depression and gut microbiota
- Explain why sports psychology is important
- Describe the psychological impact of miscarriage on both partners
- How abortion affects a woman’s emotional and mental health
- How a destructive relationship affects health
- Explain ways to stop a bad habit
- Psychologist’s role in military interrogations
- Why do attractive people receive unfair advantages at their workplaces
- Mental health and homelessness
- Explain the impact of school anxiety on teens
- Explain the causes of schizophrenia
- Narcissism in contemporary society
- Is asexuality a form of sexual orientation?
- Psychological health and physical illnesses
- Religion within social psychology
- Factors affecting school performance
- Gender roles in modern society
- Describe how people cope with loss and grief
- Alzheimer’s disease and the elderly- What are the causes and remedies?
- The best methods for treating dementia in adults?
- Explain ways to reduce postpartum depression
- Is faith an extension of human cognition?
- Explain the psychological effects of terrorism
- Explain the importance of psychological relaxation
- Describe happiness as a concept for measuring the psychological wellbeing of a person
These are brilliant psychological topics to consider if planning to write a research paper for college. Nevertheless, pick a title you’ll be comfortable researching and writing about to enjoy completing your project.
Social Psychology Research Topics
Some learners find social psychology difficult. However, it’s an exciting subfield from which you can select your paper topic. This subfield is about humans’ daily lives. Here’s a list of exciting social psychology topics.
- What is cognitive dissonance?
- Describe the national identity concept
- Fear of happiness in contemporary society
- Pavlov’s conditioning and advertising- What is the correlation?
- Social media- Does it promote individualism or conformity?
- Modern society and gender roles
- The Hallo effect and popular culture
- Criminal activity and corporal punishment
- Persuasion in the contemporary advertisement
- Do social media promote interactions?
- How do people react to social norms’ violations?
- Are people good at exposing lies?
- How people respond when verbal behavior and nonverbal communication fail to match
- The impact of depression on cognitive development
- Physical disability and psychological disability- Are they equivalent?
- How people perceive the disabled
- Violence and aggression in society
- What can change how a person perceives religion?
- How to approach social interactions
- How stress affects preterm deliveries
- Is there a link between obesity and social networks?
- Explain the rising divorce rate
- Explain how society members can adjust to disabilities
- Obedience, compliance, and conformity as a social status function
- Measures of aggression control during street demonstrations
- How belonging to a group can affect a person’s behavior
- Unfair environment and its role in Milgram’s shock experiment
- Explain how obeying the authority figure leads to cruelty
- How society models the human behavior
- Dehumanization’s causes in Stanford prisoner experiment
- Describe discrimination psychology
- How to perceive yourself
- Explain the impact of bullying on teenagers social interactions
- How social depression and social anxiety affect an introverted child
- The effect of divorce on emotional development
- How violent cartoons affect the mental state and behavior of a child
- The effects of racism
- Describe homophobia
- The primary social issues and culture
- How marital disputes influence children
- The impact of peer pressure on teenagers
- How violent video games affect the kids’ brain development
- Describe social cognition
Pick any psychology topic in this category and then use research to develop it into a winning paper.
Experimental Psychology Research Topics
Experimental psychology is an engaging subfield. It entails tests that improve the comprehension of some behaviors. Here are good psychology research topics in this subfield.
- How color impacts your mood
- Can personality traits affect your music taste?
- Why do people conform to their groups?
- Why do people see optical illusions differently?
- Memory and gender- What’s the correlation?
- Can facial symmetry lead to attraction?
- Is social media addictive?
- The effects of color on academic performance
- The Stroop effect and the human mind
- The influence of conformity on behavior
- Can excessive use of social media compare to drug addiction?
- Colors and their psychological effects
- How music affects the psychological response
- The impact of smell on human taste
- Do creative individuals perceive the world differently?
- Reliability and validity issues concerning psychological testing
- Qualitative and quantitative research- Which one is more appropriate?
- The impact of sleep deprivation on short-term memory
- Describe Mood Freezing and its implications
- The essential statistical methods for psychology
- Describe the primary psychological research techniques
- Do women remember numbers and words better than men?
- Psychological studies and experimental designs
- The imaging techniques for the brain’s effective functioning
- Explain heuristic with examples
- Describe hindsight bias and ways to prevent it
- The ethical shortcomings of notorious human experiments
- How breakfast affects the daily activities of a person
- Is violence among adolescents linked to social media use?
- How to use double foot-in-door to manipulate others
- Can human cloning help childless couples?
- Describe the causes and impacts of dehumanization according to Stanford prison
- Ways to control aggression
- How blue color helps a person calm down and relax
All these are exciting topics in psychology for most learners. Nevertheless, they require time and effort to compose a winning paper.
Forensic Psychology Research Topics
Forensic is another fascinating subfield to consider when looking for psychology essay topics. Most ideas in this list are essential in contemporary society. Pick an issue in this list and develop a paper through extensive research to impress your teacher and score the top grade in your class.
- Can special needs education prevent criminal behavior?
- How upbringing affects serial killers
- The impact of a law enforcement career on social life
- How domestic violence affects men
- Forensic examination and antisocial personality disorder
- Criminal behaviors and psychopaths
- Corporal punishment and juvenile offenders
- Serial killers and their early signs
- Social psychology and the AMBER Alert System
- Psychological evaluation during court trials
- Mass suicide causes among teenagers
- Serial killers and mental disorders
- What are the possible causes of the increasing number of murderers?
- Is prison rehabilitation effective?
- Practical strategies for internet policing
- Explain the reasons for the rising terror groups
- YouTube as an information source and a learning tool for forensic psychologists
- How forensic psychology differs from clinical psychology
- Criminal recidivism and risk factors
- Drawbacks and benefits of predictive policing
- Mental illness and gun violence- Is there a link?
- Serial killers and myths about them
- Copycat crimes’ psychology
- What affects eyewitnesses’ reliability?
- Trends and patterns in juvenile crimes
- Explain the possible causes of the increasing terror groups
- Misconceptions around sex offenders
- Rules to guide psychologists’ verbal interactions with criminals
- What can cause unreliable evidence?
- Can movies, video games, and the internet augment copycat crimes?
This category has brilliant topics to write about, primarily if interested in forensics. However, students should take sufficient time to research and analyze information to develop high-quality papers on these titles.
Developmental Psychology Research Topics
Developmental psychology entails the study of childhood events that shape people into the adults they become. Here’s a list of topics to consider when writing a developmental psychology paper.
- The effects of self-efficacy on long-term memory
- What can influence language acquisition?
- Authoritative versus permissive parents
- Correlation between academic performance and music listening
- What influences children’s food choices?
- Learning environment’s reinforcement
- Limits of short-term memory in different life stages
- Birth order and procrastination- Is there a link?
- The impact of bullying on a person’s development
- The effect of parenting style on child’s psychological and physical development
- How psychological development helps in addressing bullying
- Psychopathic behavior among the youths
- Can the media encourage child abuse and violence?
- How health affects psychological development
- Do older adults have better memories?
- Can eating breakfast enhance school performance?
- The impact of bullying on a learner’s achievements
- Can studying while listening to music improve performance in exams?
- How social install violence in children
- Old age and psychological changes
- Mirror test in animals and children- What are the differences and similarities?
- How ignoring the emotional needs of a child can affect their adult life
- How child abuse can cause psychological afflictions
- The primary emotional needs of kids
- Midlife crisis in males and females- What are the differences and similarities?
- What amounts to sufficient discipline for a child’s personality harmonious development?
- The evolution of short-term memory from childhood to advanced age
- Amygdale role in adolescent brain changes
- How a sleeping disorder can cause other mental diseases
- How postpartum depression affects mental health
- How medication affects mental health
- How drugs can affect mental health among the youths
- The long-term impact of mental health problems
- What can accelerate the human’s aging process?
- How gender roles and stereotypes affect psychological development
- Can violent cartoons and video games make a child violent?
- Developmental disabilities’ genetics
- Fundamental methods of parenting
- Psychological reasons for the aging process
- Factors increasing child abuse risk
- The influence of parental development on child development
- Factors influencing language learning
- Explain why some children are violent than others
- How abusive parents affect child development
- Effects of a bullying behavior
This category has excellent child psychology research paper topics too. Pick a title in this list and develop it into a perfect paper through research if you’re interested in this subfield.
Clinical Psychology Research Topics
Clinical psychology is complex and exciting subfield. Here are titles to consider in this study area.
- Describe social media addiction
- The correlation between childhood behavior and media violence
- Childhood behavior disorders’ therapy
- Risk factors for eating disorders
- Adolescents and mental health problems
- How childhood trauma affects adulthood
- Influence of ADHD on children’s development
- Effects of autism on modern society
- How judgments influence a person’s decision-making capacity
- How to measure critical thinking in cognitive psychology
Any of these ideas can be a good inspiration when writing a clinical psychology paper. But like the other titles, learners should spend sufficient time researching and analyzing data before writing essays on these topics.
Abnormal Psychology Research Topics
Abnormal psychology entails the study of mental disorders. Therefore, titles in this category can also inspire you to develop health psychology research topics. Here are exciting titles to consider in abnormal psychology.
- Describe antisocial personality disorder
- Possible causes of the increasing anorexia among children
- Ways to control depressing thoughts and anxiety regarding death
- Suicidal thoughts and psychology
- What causes anorexia among adults?
- What causes the anxiety disorder- How can you overcome it?
- Causes of increasing eating disorders among young people
- Lying and psychology- What’s the relationship?
- Why teenage suicides are on the rise
- Are a person’s psychology and asexuality related?
- Is stalking a psychological disorder?
- PTSD causes in workplaces and offices
- What causes phobias?- Different ways to deal with it
- Can violent video games cause mood disorders?
- Possible causes of multiple personality disorders
Choose your paper title from this list if looking for good topics related to psychology and then research it extensively to write a winning paper.
Cognitive Psychology Research Topics
Perhaps, you want to engage in a research project that will facilitate your understanding of the functioning of the human mind. In that case, here’s a list of brilliant ideas to consider.
- Cognition and Perception- What’s the correlation?
- Describe different cognition theories
- Cognitive neuroscience role in AI development
- Describe the decision-making process
- How people develop problem-solving skills
- Cognition and consciousness
- Cognition and applied research
- The effects of sport on attention
- Memory theme in popular culture
- What is narrative psychology?
All these are good ideas to explore if interested in cognitive psychology. However, you need adequate time to research your topic and write a good paper.
Sports Psychology Research Topics
Sports psychology entails the study of the relationship between the human mind and athletic performance and physical activity. Here are interesting psychology topics in this subfield.
- Personality traits and emotions in sports
- The influence of sleeping disorder on the sportsman’s stamina
- Panic attacks in the sportsman’s life and ways to cope with them
- Sports performance and relationship issues- Is there a relationship?
- How steroids affect the athletes’ mental activity
- Why sports psychology is essential in promoting mental health
- The evolution of sports psychology in the last two decades
- What makes a good football team coach?
- Ways to address stress among sportsmen
- Ways to control emotions during sports
Write about any of these topics if interested in sports and psychology. However, prepare to research your title extensively before writing.
Criminal Psychology Research Topics
Perhaps, you want to understand the causes of criminal behavior from a psychological perspective. In that case, explore any of these topics.
- Education and incarceration rates
- Aggression and social environment
- Criminal behavior and socioeconomic status
- Incarceration and psychological disorders
- What causes mass shootings in schools?
- How social media affects copycat crimes
- Death penalty and mental illness
- Jury selection prejudice
- The meaning of competence to stand a trial
- Rehabilitation and the prison system
Criminal psychology is a valuable science. Explore any of these ideas when writing a research paper in this subfield.
Political Psychology Research Topics
Political psychology revolves around politics and politicians. If looking for easy psychology research topics, this list might have a good idea for you.
- The pros and cons of democracy
- Counter-terrorism and human rights
- Why political philosophy is important
- Compare different electoral systems
- Advantages and disadvantages of totalitarianism
- Morality and power- What is the connection?
- The origin of politics
- Politics during the war
- Nationalism versus globalization
- Politics and religion- What is the relationship?
This list has excellent psychology research questions. Nevertheless, you need the latest information in psychology to answer some of them in a detailed research paper.
Controversial Topics in Psychology for Research Paper
Do you like working on controversial issues? If yes, here’s a list of ideas to explore in your papers.
- Homosexuality as a psychological disorder
- Behaviors that people associate with fetishes
- The effects of parents on their kids’ mental health
- Social websites use among teenagers- What are the impacts?
- What are the results of childhood trauma?
- Civil marriage- Is it a marriage?
- Adoption or surrogate motherhood- Ethical dilemmas
- Socio-emotional development and single-sex schools
- Can a convicted person become an ordinary citizen?
These are good ideas to explore when working on a psychology research paper. That’s because they can elicit strong opinions. Nevertheless, you require time to research any of these ideas and compose a winning essay.
Adolescent Psychology Research Topics
Adolescent psychology focuses on psychological issues affecting this demographic. Some of the research areas in this subfield include puberty, sexual development, and emotions. People experience rapidly changing and fluctuating desires and interests during adolescence, sexual maturation, limited emotional insights, physical growth, and high energy. And this causes emotional problems for some people. Research topics in adolescent psychology can cover some of these issues. Here are ideas to explore in this subfield.
- Investigating the increasing causes of suicide and self-harm among adolescents
- Why are eating disorders increasing among young people?
- Why is drug abuse that starts in adolescence likely to continue into adulthood?
- Why is sexuality a controversial and complex issue among teenagers?
- How can the media influence adolescents?
- Why are adolescents the most plugged into popular culture?
This list comprises amazing undergraduate research topics psychology students can explore. However, you can have a topic but lack what it takes to write a winning paper. That’s why you should seek help from the best psychology paper writers online.
Professional Psychology Essay Writing Help
But you can have a topic but still, find writing your essay challenging for any reason. Perhaps, you’re stuck with a psychology paper whose deadline is fast approaching. Maybe you have a topic, but your sources don’t have adequate information. You could not even know the best way to write a psychology paper that will impress the professor. In that case, hire our educated and experienced writers.
Our research paper writers for hire are knowledgeable about psychology papers and how to write winning pieces. They are experts with vast hands-on experience which will help you when you buy custom essay with us. Whether you want to write about adolescent, criminal, abnormal, social, or personality psychology research topics or any of the other subfields listed above, we will help you.
We offer affordable, custom and quick writing help to high school, university, and college students. Contact us now for the best assistance with your psychology paper!