So, what is a process analysis essay? This type of writing assignment derives from the expository essay. Students need to explain the process or actions one must take to complete a specific task. One can think of it as a step-by-step guide to successfully navigate an activity in clear and logical order.
Students can write on just about any subject, but it is a good idea to choose a process analysis essay topic that genuinely interests them so that the writing comes through as engaging as possible. We have put together this list of 150 process analysis essay topics that should pique your readers’ interests.
Easy Process Analysis Essay Topics for Anyone to Do
In many situations, the best thing to write about is an easy topic you already have some background in. These ideas might fit your needs so that you do not have to put in too much effort:
- How to play winning Monopoly every time.
- How to build a birdhouse with a feeder.
- How to make a science fair project for school.
- How to connect a video game system.
- How to put together a great school day outfit.
- How to eat healthy throughout the day.
- How to choose a good process analysis essay.
- How to search for the perfect school project.
- How to start a beginner’s workout routine.
- How to make ice cream at home.
Topics for a Process Analysis Paper in Middle School
These ideas are great for anyone learning how to write this type of essay. This is around that middle school students will likely need to hone their writing skills and can practice with these topics:
- How to find a good book for a book report.
- How to study and prepare for standardized tests.
- How to develop a personal fashion style.
- How to brainstorm ideas for a research project.
- How to conduct effective library research.
- How to take better “selfies”.
- How to volunteer in your community.
- How to learn to swim to be a lifeguard.
- How to combat academic stress before midterms.
- How to create a summer reading list.
Funny Process Analysis Essay Topics for Any Level
There are many occasions when using humor to capture a reader’s attention is appropriate and effective. Here are some funny topics you might want to consider:
- How to avoid gaining weight in your first year in college.
- How to become famous on YouTube.
- How to avoid having to read a book in college.
- How to streak across a sporting event without getting caught.
- How to write the best excuses for missing homework.
- How to find a job for the summer.
- How to prank your parents without getting in trouble.
- How to become a great impressionist.
- How to stop being fooled on “April Fool’s Day”.
- How to become a celebrity in today’s world.
Process Analysis Writing Topics for High School
The following ideas are a bit more difficult and will require adequate research. Students can start by checking information on the web, but they also need to do academic research by looking up sources at the library:
- How to safely buy products on the web.
- How to successfully interview for a job.
- How to ask someone out to the prom.
- How to prepare a resume and cover letter.
- How to get to the top of the class.
- How to prepare an emergency kit for the home.
- How to prepare for your first day of work.
- How to improve one’s grades in less than a month.
- How to make homemade jam and jelly.
- How to stop being shy at public gatherings.
Process Analysis Essay Topics College Assignment
This set of process analysis essay topics for college students require hours of work searching for trustworthy academic and government resources one can find in the library or access through interlibrary loan:
- How to find a good college internship.
- How to become a better academic writer.
- How to avoid procrastination.
- How to conduct background research on the web.
- How to put together a bibliography.
- How to set up a math study group.
- How to write a review for a special event.
- How to avoid plagiarizing your essays.
- How to run for local politics.
- How to become a better and safer driver.
Informational Process Analysis Essay Topics
The field of information and technology has been at the forefront of discussion. People are aware of the importance of this discipline across society. These are topics crafted for students interested in this area of study:
- How publishers decide which books to print.
- How banks determine who is eligible for a loan.
- The process of electing a local official.
- How colleges decide which students are accepted.
- How the electoral college works in the U.S.
- The deliberation process in criminal trials.
- How people are admitted to hospitals.
- How rehab centers treat their patients.
- The legalization process in the United States.
- The process of getting spousal support after a divorce.
Good Process Analysis Topics for a Graduate Course
Working on a graduate project requires a lot more planning, researching, and writing concentration than the topics we have listed before this. These are ideas that are great for graduate students because they challenge people to the edge:
- How to prepare for and search for your dream job.
- How to develop virtual skills to work at home.
- How to create a great LinkedIn profile to generate job offers.
- How to learn a new language before traveling abroad.
- How to continue learning after graduation.
- How to start a bartending career after school.
- How to start a new family when you have yet to start a job.
- How to get funding for a professional research project.
- How to secure your first job after graduation.
- How to stay motivated after graduate school.
Good Topics for Process Analysis Essays
College students should be able to present a high-level argument on any given topic When it comes to choosing a project, they are more likely to stick with ideas that are easy to deal with. The following set has great topics to consider:
- How to create a good retirement plan in your 30s.
- How to teach yourself advanced math after college.
- How to find investors to fund an invention.
- How to relocate to a foreign country.
- How to write a bestselling novel.
- How to create an interesting Wikipedia page.
- How to learn to ride a horse in your 30s and 40s.
- How to prepare for a live debate.
- How to bring your IT product to development.
- How to customize a computer for your exact needs.
Fun Informative Process Analysis Essay Topics
Having fun with an essay a great way of staying motivated and interested in a project. It will also help get your reader intrigued with what you have to say about a topic:
- How to incorporate fun projects in an elementary school classroom.
- How to get back in shape this summer by going outside.
- How to record a studio album on a budget.
- How to save money by learning to cut your hair.
- How to find a summer hobby you will enjoy throughout your life.
- How to start a garage rock band next year.
- How to build a wardrobe without having to spend too much.
- How to make your pet more active this summer.
- How to entertain a dinner party without having to spend too much.
- How to travel around the world on a budget.
Current Process Analysis Essay Topics for 2022
Writing about a topic that is currently in the news is great because you usually will not have any trouble identifying and locating resources both online and in print. Here are some ideas for you to consider:
- How to keep social distancing after vaccination.
- How the government is helping the economy recover.
- How to get a free Covid-19 vaccine in the U.S.
- How to supplement your income in 2022.
- How to implement a virtual learning system at school.
- How to find a trustworthy roommate.
- How to apply for a personal loan to purchase a home.
- How to apply for government assistance for a small business.
- How to safely return to large audience events.
- How to develop a budget plan to help you save more in 2022.
Good Process Analysis Essay Topics for Fixing Automobiles
If you like cars, motorcycles, and other types of vehicles you may know a thing or two about their maintenance. The following topics cover a wide variety of ideas related to fixing automobiles and make for great writing options:
- How to change a flat tire in 15 minutes.
- How to apply for a non-functional vehicle permit.
- How to check the brake fluid in your car.
- Reviewing auto mechanic businesses and their performance.
- How to replace your window wipers before they wear out.
- How to install a custom interior in your car.
- Changing a car battery in less than 5 minutes.
- Getting a permit to put legal customizations on your car.
- How to replace spark plugs before they wear out.
- How to replace a broken headlight.
Topics for Process Analysis Essay for Home Improvement
Like the list above, you may find processes in improving homes interesting. There are thousands of ideas you might want to write about, anything from fixing a screen door to building a backyard deck:
- How to fix a screen door in less than 30 minutes.
- How to fix your home’s water heater without hiring a pro.
- How to install a food disposal unit under your sink.
- How to get a permit to make large-scale home renovations.
- Getting community permission to plant a fruit tree.
- How to build a deck without having to spend a fortune.
- How to develop a summer home improvement strategy.
- How to remove mold from your bathroom walls and ceiling.
- How to remodel your kitchen on a budget.
- How to fix a leaky roof before raining season.
Topics for Process Analysis Essays Dealing with Sports
If you are interested in joining a field that deals with sports (e.g., sports medicine, sports management, sports theory, etc.), you may find the following process analysis ideas appealing for a project of this type:
- How to train for a triathlon in six months.
- How to place a daily wager on a game.
- How to throw a perfect football spiral.
- How to throw a four-seam fastball in baseball.
- How to learn how to referee games in the big leagues.
- How to develop an outside shot in basketball.
- How to learn the art of base stealing in baseball.
- How to implement a nutritional regime for training.
- How to become a professional sports gambler.
- How to make a session at the gym effective and efficient.
Topics for Process Analysis Essays on Making Meals
Food preparation is another subject that can be explained with this kind of assignment. We gathered 10 ideas you can gain inspiration from or use as listed below:
- How to make eggs benedict in 15 minutes.
- How to make a pasta salad for summer.
- How to make beer can chicken.
- How to make a medium-rare steak.
- How to skin and grill a fish.
- How to make an omelet without breaking it.
- How to baste a turkey evenly.
- How to plan a small dinner party.
- How to plan a six-course meal.
- How to make the perfect summer salad
Process Analysis Paper Topics for a Long-Term Project
These ideas are geared toward students that have several weeks to work on a project. There is ample research to be done and students must commit several hours to complete these topics.
- How to build a flying drone using basic electronics.
- How to refurbish a broken computer.
- How to unlock an iPhone to use on another network.
- How to train for a marathon in 3 months.
- How to visit all seven wonders of the world.
- How to prevent the outbreak of war through diplomacy.
- How to conduct surveillance with the use of drones.
- How to set up a home security system.
- How to differentiate types of prejudices.
- How to implement a socialist government.
We understand that it can be extremely difficult to find process analysis essay topic ideas that meet all of an assignment’s requirements. This is the reason why we have had our experts find interesting process analysis topics to fit numerous situations. We are sure you can find something from the list above that piques your interests and fits your needs. However, if you need a custom list of process analysis essay topics ideas, we are glad to help. Just give us a call, email us, or connect with us via chat. Our customer support team is available 24/7 and can connect you with an academic expert that can create a unique list of ideas for your assignment.