Having dreams is one thing, whereas crafting a master-piece dreams paper is another. Let’s help you actualize your goal in writing like a pro.
What is a Dreaming Essay?
We all have dreams of our own, which will come true someday and miraculously make our lives fanciful. Thoughts are like stars. It is not possible to meet the stars or feel them. However, we still believe that we will touch them someday.
Such is the case with essays on dreams; they depict an ambition or aspiration that you fiercely want to achieve at all costs. The idea might be an unimaginable thing that you strife for at come what may.
How to Write an Essay on Dream
Have you ever heard the famous speech by the great Martin Luther King or the song by Westlife? From these two illustrations and a dreams essay example, you can get the structure and general flow of such a paper, don’t you?
For top-grade results, stick with a clear and logical structure. Have an appealing introduction, an argumentative main body, and a general conclusion.
With these tricks in mind, you can be sure that your reader will dream with you as he/she reads your paper.
I Have A Dream Essay Sample
Dr. Martin Luther King’s “I have a dream” speech was delivered in Washington D.C. on August 28, 1963. It was a call to end racism in the United States. The power of the speech is breathtaking and the impact it had on the civil rights movement was tremendous. Dr. King had a unique ability to capture an audience with influential language. He was a language artist, a visionary, and a leader. In simple terms, I found the speech to be profound.
The “I have a dream” speech begins with a reference to the Emancipation Proclamation that was used to free slaves by President Lincoln in the late 1800s – “It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.” When this sentence was spoken during the speech, I immediately thought how the verse had the simplicity and beauty of the most captivating poetry. The speech was delivered on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. The symbolism of the Lincoln Memorial adds significant value to the speech. A thought-provoking concept was declared in the beginning of the speech that makes reference to the lack of progress made by the United States after the Civil War – “one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free.” This sentence was able to exemplify the lack of progress in civil rights that had been experienced by minorities since the end of the Civil War.
Dr. King was a visionary. The use of the term “I have a dream” is clearly a vision for the future and a motivational call to the people of the civil rights movement. The term “Now is the time…” was also repeated several times. This is another visionary term used to call to action those minorities involved in the civil rights movement. Dr. King was encouraging the African American spectators to not allow complacency and wait for change any longer. He knew that change had to occur by action and would not happen any other way. “Now is the time” is a form of rhetoric used to support “I have a dream.” “I have a dream” looks forward to the promise of freedom where everyone is treated equal and “Now is the time” is a call to action used to remind his followers that the dream will not occur without decisive action.
Dreams And Reality Essay Sample
In fact, when one asks the question “How do you know when you are either dreaming or awake?” there is no definite answer. In fact, this question has been addressed from numerous angles by philosophers. For instance, Socrates inquired how one could actually determine if he/she was actually awake, since thoughts could merely be the reflections of one’s dreams (Pojman). As for Aristotle, the topics of dreaming and sleeping were often revisited by him. To him, dreaming was merely a state of imagination (Pojman).
When it comes to distinguishing between the two, the question of reality vs. dreaming does present an important issue. At one point or another, all human beings encounter sleep deprivation or a feeling as if one continues sleeping even after waking (a state of being “in-between”). Basically, these states present the perfect possibility for exploring the intermediary phase between a wakeful and a sleeping state of mind. At the same time, when it comes to exploring the philosophical underpinnings of this issue, Descartes stated that an individual exists as long as he/she is involved in a thought process (Pojman). However, thoughts can also be the representation of an illusionary reality. Even when an individual is deeply involved in a thought process, he/she is not always present here in now.
In my opinion, the difference between dreams and reality manifests itself in being present here and now. Being physically asleep or awake is not an indicator. Furthermore, some people can still be dreaming (or “sleeping”) while staying awake. However, when an individual learns to live here and now, he/she becomes fully present in the present reality. “Here and now” concerns a state of tuning into one’s senses, emotions, feelings, and thoughts as they are in the present moment. From this perspective, dreaming can be experienced as a conscious process. When it comes to “lucid dreaming” (controlling one’s actions in dreams when sleeping) has become quiet popular nowadays. It can be viewed as a manifestation of being aware and in control even when asleep.
And now, onto the imaginary part, having dreams essay writing prompts!
Dreams and Aspirations Essay
- What excites you the most about your future?
- What activity do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- Does achieving your dream matter to anyone else?
- Who is your inspiration towards achieving that dream?
- If you pursue that dream, will you miss out on something important?
- What happens if you don’t realize that dream?
- Is your goal realistic and one that you can achieve?
- Has anyone accomplished what you are aspiring to do?
- How long will it take for you to attain that dream?
Hopes and Dreams Essay
- Are they significant, long-term, or even impossible?
- What is important to you?
- What are your daily activities?
- Who are the people in your life?
- Where do you live, and does it support your hope or dream?
- Is your physical and overall health-supportive of your aspiration?
- Does it need lifelong learning to achieve it?
- What areas of your life do you need to work on?
- How does society contribute to them?
- Are your hopes smaller and possibly sooner?
Essay About Dreams and Goals
- What gets you motivated to work hard?
- What provides you the strength to face challenges?
- What do you earnestly work to realize?
- Do you dream of becoming successful in the field you chose?
- What makes you stay focused all the time?
- Is it for the better good of society?
- Do you give your dreams as much energy as you do to your fears?
- Is it true that you become what you believe?
- How is your dream shaping your future?
- What are your short term and long term goals?
- What did you think you’ll have when you grow up?
- Where did you see yourself spending your free time and money?
- What famous person did you see yourself becoming?
- What car did you dream of driving?
- How many times did you feel like a failure?
- Did any of your dreams mess you up?
- Do you still enjoy what you were doing?
- What were the bumps in your pathway to success?
Research Paper on Dreams
- Understanding why dreams occur
- The psychological-scientific explanation of dreams
- Are dreams feasible?
- Relationship between hopes and disappointments
- Theories that explain dreams and goals
High School Research Paper about Dreams
- Difference between college and high students’ dreams
- Why journaling your goals is important
- How to find the right dream
It was exciting to realize that bliss was not a daydream — but it was right here, all along. Research papers on dreams are the most thrilling assignments as they touch on what interests you the most. You have the freedom to write on something you conceived in your early years.
Are you looking for a dreams essay example? Our proficient writing company has all that and more! Students can get custom writing help thick and fast!
Why not place your order now too?