Taking the IELTS exam is not easy – or cheap. Why risk failing or getting a low score when you can practice some of the most common topics? The IELTS writing task 2 is a writing prompt that requires you to write an excellent essay in less than 40 minutes. To make sure you get a high score, you should practice as much as possible. In fact, this is one of the best things you can do to prepare for the exam.
To help you out, we’ve created a list of original IELTS essay topics. You will find topics about the most common subjects you can receive in the IELTS writing task 2.
If you manage to write a great essay on each of these topics, we can assure you that you will get a top score on your IELTS exam (at least on the writing part 2). What are you still waiting for? Choose one of our 109 topics and give it a try!
What Is IELTS Essay?
Want to learn more about IELTS (International English Language Testing System)?
IELTS is a standardized test designed to assess the English language proficiency of non-native speakers who wish to study or work in an English-speaking country. As part of the IELTS test, there is a task 2 writing section in which candidates are required to write an essay in response to a given prompt.
In the IELTS essay, candidates are expected to demonstrate their ability to develop a clear and well-supported argument, as well as their ability to use a range of vocabulary and grammatical structures appropriately. The essay should be around 250 words in length and should be written in a formal style. Also, don’t forget that you need to discuss both the advantages and the disadvantages of the topic to keep your arguments balanced.
Need some help? We have the essay topics IELTS students need to practice right here. Yes, these topics are a great way to get accustomed to writing an IELTS essay quickly and correctly. We have all the common topics for such an essay: education, crime, the environment, technology, health, social issues, and many more. Take a look at the topics and start practicing today!
IELTS Writing Prompts About Education
Yes, IELTS writing prompts about education are very common. We would recommend you to write a 250-word essay on each and every one of these topics:
- Advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling
- The impact of the teacher-student relationship on education
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of vocational education
- The importance of arts education in schools
- Talk about the impact of standardized testing on education
- An in-depth look at the benefits of private education
- The impact of the education system on society
- Pros and cons of using laptops in the classroom
- The benefits and drawbacks of single-sex education
IELTS Essay Topic Related To Crime
You may not know it, but there is a good chance you will receive an IELTS essay topic related to crime. Give these ideas a try to practice:
- Talk about the role of the media in shaping public perception of crime
- An in-depth look at the impact of gun control laws on crime
- The role of the criminal justice system in reducing crime
- The benefits and drawbacks of the death penalty
- Discuss the effectiveness of rehabilitation programs for criminals
- The impact of police brutality on crime
- Talk about the role of community involvement in preventing crime
IELTS Topics About The Environment
If you want to try writing essays on some original IELTS topics about the environment, you’ve arrived at the right place. Here are some great ideas:
- Talk about the impact of climate change on the environment
- An in-depth look at the impact of deforestation on the environment
- Discuss the role of international organizations in protecting the environment
- The impact of overconsumption on the environment
- Talk about the role of community involvement in protecting the environment
- The role of wildlife preservation in protecting the environment
- Discuss the role of international trade in protecting the environment
- The impact of natural disasters on the environment
IELTS Writing Topics In Technology
We have created a list of unique IELTS writing topics in technology that you can use to polish your academic writing skills for the IELTS exam:
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of artificial intelligence
- An in-depth look at the benefits and drawbacks of virtual reality
- Talk about the impact of technology on the environment
- The role of technology in healthcare
- Discuss the impact of social media on communication
- The benefits and drawbacks of 5G technology
- An in-depth look at the role of technology in space exploration.
- Talk about the impact of technology on the entertainment industry
- The benefits and drawbacks of biotechnology
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics Related To Health
Writing about health and healthcare may not be easy, but there is a chance to receive one of these IELTS writing task 2 topics related to health in your exam:
- Talk about the benefits and drawbacks of alternative medicine
- The role of preventative healthcare in maintaining good health
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of cosmetic surgery
- The impact of exposure to toxic substances on health
- An in-depth look at the role of healthcare professionals in promoting good health
- Discuss the impact of alcohol consumption on health
- The impact of air pollution on health
IELTS Topic Ideas About Social Issues
We have some thought-provoking IELTS topic ideas about social issues that you can practice on right here. Give these topic ideas a try:
- The benefits and drawbacks of marriage
- Talk about the role of education in reducing social inequality
- The role of the criminal justice system in promoting social justice
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of freedom of speech
- The role of the community in promoting social well-being
- An in-depth look at the role of religion in society
- Discuss the role of the family in shaping social values
IELTS Essay Topics 2023
We’ve been asked to post some brand new IELTS essay topics 2023, so here is a mix of IELTS topics that you can expect to receive in 2023 in your easy essay writing:
- An in-depth look at the impact of advertising on consumer behavior
- Discuss the impact of the entertainment industry on society
- The benefits and drawbacks of space exploration
- Talk about the impact of the fashion industry on society
- The role of technology in communication
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of international travel
- Talk about the role of government in protecting wildlife
- The role of the military in promoting peace and security
- An in-depth look at the impact of the internet on privacy
IELTS Opinion Essay Topics
You probably know how to write an opinion essay, so we’ll just give you some ideas to get you started. Here are our most interesting IELTS opinion essay topics:
- Discuss the impact of climate change on agriculture
- The impact of the sharing economy on traditional businesses
- The role of sports in promoting physical and mental well-being
- An in-depth look at the role of wildlife conservation in promoting biodiversity
- Talk about the impact of the housing market on the economy
- The role of museums in promoting cultural heritage
- An in-depth look at the impact of urbanization on the rural areas
- Discuss the impact of the prison system on rehabilitation
Interesting IELTS Topic Ideas
Our experts have created 8 unique and highly interesting IELTS topic ideas just for you. Pick one and start writing your essay:
- Talk about the benefits and drawbacks of foreign aid
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of virtual reality
- An in-depth look at the impact of the fishing industry on the environment
- The benefits and drawbacks of the autonomous vehicles
- The impact of gender roles on society
- Discuss the impact of social determinants of health
- The role of technology in national security
- Talk about the benefits and drawbacks of biofuels
IELTS Discussion Essay Topics
Are you looking for the latest IELTS discussion essay topics you can practice on? Take a look at these captivating topic ideas:
- Talk about the benefits and drawbacks of the internet of things
- The role of the travel industry in promoting cultural understanding
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of citizen journalism
- An in-depth look at the impact of the oil industry on the environment
- Talk about the role of the government in regulating the media
- Discuss the role of the private sector in promoting sustainable development
- An in-depth look at the impact of the animal rights movement on agriculture
- The benefits and drawbacks of the marijuana legalization
Controversial IELTS Topic Ideas
Did you know that you can even get a controversial topic to write about? Fortunately, we have some controversial IELTS topic ideas for you below:
- Should the death penalty be abolished globally?
- Is censorship of the internet justifiable?
- Are GMO foods safe for humans?
- Is it ethical to clone animals and humans?
- Should all schools adopt a single standardized test?
- Should the government control population growth through policy?
- Is it necessary to have religious studies in public schools?
- Should wealthy countries provide aid to poorer countries?
- Should the use of animal testing for scientific research be banned?
IELTS Solution Essay Topics
Even though it’s not as common as the other types of writing prompts, you can still be asked to write a solution essay. Give these IELTS solution essay topics a try for practice:
- What steps can be taken to address the shortage of affordable housing?
- Ways to promote healthy eating habits and combat obesity
- Solutions for reducing plastic waste and preserving the environment
- How can cities reduce air pollution and improve air quality?
- Approaches for improving access to education in underdeveloped countries
- How can schools reduce bullying and create a positive experience for all students?
- Ways to improve public transportation and reduce reliance on personal vehicles
IELTS Advantage And Disadvantage Essay Topics
Also known as pros and cons topics, these IELTS advantage and disadvantage essay topics will help you practice writing this type of academic paper:
- Advantages and disadvantages of online shopping
- The advantages and disadvantages of using public transportation
- The advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy sources
- Benefits and drawbacks of using a credit card
- Advantages and disadvantages of urbanization
- Advantages and disadvantages of early retirement
- Advantages and disadvantages of living in a multigenerational household
IELTS Writing Prompt About Law And Order
It’s not uncommon to receive an IELTS writing prompt about law and order. Avoid any surprises by writing an essay about each one of these ideas:
- How does the protection of individual rights impact law and order?
- Can law and order coexist with civil liberties?
- The impact of technology on law enforcement and crime prevention
- The role of community policing in maintaining law and order
- Is harsh punishment effective in deterring crime?
- The effectiveness of mandatory minimum sentencing in reducing crime
Get Fast Essay Writing Help
Do you need help with some of the more difficult IELTS essay topics and answers? Or perhaps you need the latest topic ideas for practice purposes. No matter why you need help, our company is here to help you take your IELTS or Cambridge tests. We have extensive experience with these tests, having helped more than one thousand college and university students pass them over the years. In addition, according to many of our customers, we have the writing topics IELTS students absolutely need to practice their writing skills on.
We know that writing an IELTS-level paper is not easy. We also know that your professor is probably too busy to give you all the help you require. This is why we’ll write as many essays as you need until you understand how each writing prompt should be handled. And best of all, we’ll do it for cheap. Our USA essay writing service has written hundreds of these essays, so they can finish a custom written paper in as little as 3 hours. Want to get the latest writing topics for IELTS? Get the perfect sample right here!